Went to Wesak day carnival in Bandar Utama hosted by the Bandar Utama Buddishm Society (BUBS) today. The main purpose we go there is to try my boss's char kuey teow. According to my boss, her char kuey teow has gotten good comments from the customers for years. =P I was very curious. So BU we went.
Thanks to Google Map, we managed to find the place without getting lost in the residential area. lol.. I'm no longer direction-blind. =P
The crowd:

A young lengchai scout posing to the camera. lol



The hearts. One Ringgit One Heart:

Pay 3 hearts and get an ice kacang

5 hearts for a coconut

5 hearts for 1 rojak

6 hearts for my boss's char kuey teow

My boss. =) She's so cute with the apron. She's cute all the time one la. hehe..

My boss's char kuey teow. It tastes great!

Coconut drink is the best remedy for a hot day like yesterday

Val and I with our thirst-quenching desserts.

With Jaa Yien.

Hunching. Have to change this habit already. hehe..

I donated some for the Myanmar cyclone victims. I think Myanmar victims need more help than China victims because Myanmar government doesn't help the victims while China government is putting in a lot of efforts to help the China victims. I pity Myanmar residents more. Really hope my donation can end up in the victims hands. Sigh. Fingers-crossed.

These drawings brought back memories. Memories of the drawing competitions I joined since I was 5 or 6 until 12. The memories of running around in school compound with my brother after the drawing competition ended and before the prize-giving ceremony.

Put your hands together and utter some prayers.

Taken by Val using my K510i. hehe.

Lady in charge with collecting donation funds.

Cute little flowers.

Free Buddhism books and CDs

Baskets for sale. They were really tempting to me. haha. But I dunno what I can do with them after I buy them, so I didn't.

Some politicians came too.
All the food, baskets, flowers, drinks are for fund-raising purposes. I think they also held the purpose of fun-raising too. =)
By the way, I think I should update my swimming training progress. Hehe. So that I can trace back next time.
Last Friday night, I did a 300 m swim (but no timing that night), 50m swim 50m chin tow (took me 3 min 13 sec) and 50m swim 50m cross-chest tow fully-clothed (no timing required in the exam).
Then Sunday night, I did 100m swim (took me 2 min 15 sec, which is 135 sec), 300m swim (7 mins 10+sec), 50m swim 50m extended tow (3 min 12 sec). Practiced double-retrain tow with victim struggling but failed to stay afloat when victim started struggling. lol. Then practice chin tow and cross-chest tow for a while. Ok with chin tow but a bit odd with cross-chest tow, feel like sinking when I do cross-chest tow.
I need to push myself for the 100m in 100 seconds part, double-restrain and cross-chest tow. The rest should be ok.
Thanks to Google Map, we managed to find the place without getting lost in the residential area. lol.. I'm no longer direction-blind. =P
The crowd:
A young lengchai scout posing to the camera. lol
The hearts. One Ringgit One Heart:
Pay 3 hearts and get an ice kacang
5 hearts for a coconut
5 hearts for 1 rojak
6 hearts for my boss's char kuey teow
My boss. =) She's so cute with the apron. She's cute all the time one la. hehe..
My boss's char kuey teow. It tastes great!
Coconut drink is the best remedy for a hot day like yesterday
Val and I with our thirst-quenching desserts.
With Jaa Yien.
Hunching. Have to change this habit already. hehe..
I donated some for the Myanmar cyclone victims. I think Myanmar victims need more help than China victims because Myanmar government doesn't help the victims while China government is putting in a lot of efforts to help the China victims. I pity Myanmar residents more. Really hope my donation can end up in the victims hands. Sigh. Fingers-crossed.
These drawings brought back memories. Memories of the drawing competitions I joined since I was 5 or 6 until 12. The memories of running around in school compound with my brother after the drawing competition ended and before the prize-giving ceremony.
Put your hands together and utter some prayers.
Taken by Val using my K510i. hehe.
Lady in charge with collecting donation funds.
Cute little flowers.
Free Buddhism books and CDs
Baskets for sale. They were really tempting to me. haha. But I dunno what I can do with them after I buy them, so I didn't.
Some politicians came too.
All the food, baskets, flowers, drinks are for fund-raising purposes. I think they also held the purpose of fun-raising too. =)
++++++++++++++++++++++
By the way, I think I should update my swimming training progress. Hehe. So that I can trace back next time.
Last Friday night, I did a 300 m swim (but no timing that night), 50m swim 50m chin tow (took me 3 min 13 sec) and 50m swim 50m cross-chest tow fully-clothed (no timing required in the exam).
Then Sunday night, I did 100m swim (took me 2 min 15 sec, which is 135 sec), 300m swim (7 mins 10+sec), 50m swim 50m extended tow (3 min 12 sec). Practiced double-retrain tow with victim struggling but failed to stay afloat when victim started struggling. lol. Then practice chin tow and cross-chest tow for a while. Ok with chin tow but a bit odd with cross-chest tow, feel like sinking when I do cross-chest tow.
I need to push myself for the 100m in 100 seconds part, double-restrain and cross-chest tow. The rest should be ok.

2 comments:
I love the pic which shows you holding the char kuey teow! So sweet...
haha.. but my hair looks nooby.. my bf's description. lol..
Post a Comment