This post is to continue from the previous post I had written last month, also extracting the important points from "How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be" by Jack Canfield. I think he'd written a very motivational book. Hope this helps. =)
So after you have picture your dream in your mind when you close your eyes and now that you have positive thinking already, you cannot just continue dreaming and don't do anything about it. So this is the continuation of the previous post on taking actions, overcome fear and ask for what you want. =)
1. Take action, NOW!
Nothing happens until you take action. Take action now! Quit waiting.
Quit waiting for the perfect timing, someone's permission, the absence of risks, more self-confidence and etc. There is no such thing as perfect situation. So, do it now! Take a leap. Take action and take it now. Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great? If you want to be safe, you won't take the risk, and how are you going to achieve what you want when you don't even take action to reach for your dream?
2. Don't let fear fail you
Most people let fear stop them from taking the necessary steps to achieve their dreams. If you avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fear, you will never get what you want in your life. Every time you face a fear and do it anyway, you build up that much more confidence in your abilities.
3. Ask. You won't lose anything
Ask for what you want. Jack said "You never have anything to lose by asking, and because there is something to possibly gain, by all mean ask." There are few tactics in asking for what you want.
(i) Ask as if you expect to get it. Assume you can get it. Don't ever assume against yourself.
(ii) Ask specifically and clearly. The specific amount of money you want to save, the date and time you want to spend time with your parents, the specific action you expect from you love ones.
(iii) Don't give up when you get a 'no' from what you ask. Keep on asking - even the same person you are asking - you might get a yes after several times because people will reconsider your request. This might be a rare case I think. But if you failed getting what you want from this person, ask another person then. There are over 5 billion people in the world. Someone, somewhere, sometime will say yes. So, when you get a 'no' here, say 'next'. According to Jack, those who succeed reject rejections. Losers gave up after few attempts.
I found some good examples that in this book about how successful people reject rejection and keep on asking without giving up:
(1) Abraham Graham Bell who offered the rights to the telephone for $100,000 to Carl Orton, the president of Western Union who said "What use would this company make of an electrical toy?"
(2) Google cofounders Sergey Brin and Larry Page approached Yahoo! and suggested for a merge. At that time Google was still not well-known. Yahoo! suggested that the young Googlers keep working on their little school project and come back when they had grown up. So, they were rejected. But now Google is so well-known that everyone is using it.
(3) John Creasy, a popular British mystery writer, was rejected 743 times before he sold his first book!
If you keep asking, no matter how many times you get rejected, you will eventually success.
That's all I've read up to. Still left a quarter of the book. Hehe. Stay tune. =P
P/s: I think I need to improve more on these. Somehow I still assume that I will get rejected by any scholarship programmes I apply in the future and hence I don't even take the initiative to apply for them. Have to re-programme my negative thinking already. =)
So after you have picture your dream in your mind when you close your eyes and now that you have positive thinking already, you cannot just continue dreaming and don't do anything about it. So this is the continuation of the previous post on taking actions, overcome fear and ask for what you want. =)
1. Take action, NOW!
Nothing happens until you take action. Take action now! Quit waiting.
Quit waiting for the perfect timing, someone's permission, the absence of risks, more self-confidence and etc. There is no such thing as perfect situation. So, do it now! Take a leap. Take action and take it now. Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great? If you want to be safe, you won't take the risk, and how are you going to achieve what you want when you don't even take action to reach for your dream?
2. Don't let fear fail you
Most people let fear stop them from taking the necessary steps to achieve their dreams. If you avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fear, you will never get what you want in your life. Every time you face a fear and do it anyway, you build up that much more confidence in your abilities.
3. Ask. You won't lose anything
Ask for what you want. Jack said "You never have anything to lose by asking, and because there is something to possibly gain, by all mean ask." There are few tactics in asking for what you want.
(i) Ask as if you expect to get it. Assume you can get it. Don't ever assume against yourself.
(ii) Ask specifically and clearly. The specific amount of money you want to save, the date and time you want to spend time with your parents, the specific action you expect from you love ones.
(iii) Don't give up when you get a 'no' from what you ask. Keep on asking - even the same person you are asking - you might get a yes after several times because people will reconsider your request. This might be a rare case I think. But if you failed getting what you want from this person, ask another person then. There are over 5 billion people in the world. Someone, somewhere, sometime will say yes. So, when you get a 'no' here, say 'next'. According to Jack, those who succeed reject rejections. Losers gave up after few attempts.
I found some good examples that in this book about how successful people reject rejection and keep on asking without giving up:
(1) Abraham Graham Bell who offered the rights to the telephone for $100,000 to Carl Orton, the president of Western Union who said "What use would this company make of an electrical toy?"
(2) Google cofounders Sergey Brin and Larry Page approached Yahoo! and suggested for a merge. At that time Google was still not well-known. Yahoo! suggested that the young Googlers keep working on their little school project and come back when they had grown up. So, they were rejected. But now Google is so well-known that everyone is using it.
(3) John Creasy, a popular British mystery writer, was rejected 743 times before he sold his first book!
If you keep asking, no matter how many times you get rejected, you will eventually success.
That's all I've read up to. Still left a quarter of the book. Hehe. Stay tune. =P
P/s: I think I need to improve more on these. Somehow I still assume that I will get rejected by any scholarship programmes I apply in the future and hence I don't even take the initiative to apply for them. Have to re-programme my negative thinking already. =)

2 comments:
So.... does the book inspire u something???? start APPLYING!!!! Don't wait anymore......
@ppl3
Yea. I know I'm waiting for courage and determination. But courage and determination dun come by themselves. They need to be built up by myself. =)
Post a Comment