At this time around when I'm so poor already, I'm still forced to service my car and lose my RM103 to the car service because it was already 1000km more than the expected service distance.
I told Heng that luckily nowadays my entertainments are swimming, blogging and reading. I'm feeling so lucky that my entertainments are free.
Last time I enjoyed shopping with friends, buying tiny little hp hangers or clothes or hairbands in shopping malls. Or watching movies. But shopping and watching movies cannot satisfy me anymore. I mean I no longer gain euphoria from purchasing fashion gadgets. And no longer like to waste time and money on those comedy romance movies that we laugh and cry and then eventually forgot about the story lines.
I'm actually still grieving over the money spent on watching "Ah Long Pte Ltd" in cinema. Nay. Never mind. At least I still treasure the time
Talking about funny bone, sometimes I wonder what happen to the Miss Lame who likes to tell lame jokes and laugh at every lame jokes she heard. I don't find lame jokes funny anymore. Or I should rephrase... I don't find normal lame jokes funny anymore. Those lame jokes that I can come up with can't entertain me anymore. Adam explained "that's why comedians are always depressed". Maybe he's right. lol.
Back to the entertainments. Am not sure whether it's because of old age or the lack of companions, I find myself entertain myself mainly through solitaire entertainments like swimming, blogging and reading. Maybe mainly because friends are busier with their own lives and we will always need to make appointments to find a time to hang out together. In the end, I ended up looking for my own ways, without the need to arrange time with others, during free time.
But of course, I'll still be thrilled when friends called up and ask for yamcha. But now, I would enjoy talking sense than nonsense with them. I now enjoy sharing opinions on life, courage, choices, career, commitments, feelings than exchanging lame jokes which send colds through my spines. Sometimes I'm sad that I've lost my funny lame bones, unlike last time where I can create lame jokes in every conversation which gave Aud and CP flocks of crows. But sometimes I do tell some joke unintentionally when people could laugh at my jokes which no longer have its magical effects on me.
When was the last time I laughed until my stomach cramp? It's long time ago. Months I bet? I think maybe this is called the process of growing. I do hope that growing up won't take my funny bones away though. Who says being matured should be stern and serious all the time? Argh.. I wanna find my funny bones back.
Maybe this is just a moodswing day of a lonely, money-less, infamous blogger/research officer who has no idea what is wrong with herself today. Ha-ha. And that's a dry laugh, of course. No stomach cramp kinda laugh anymore.
Gonna end this picture with this moody post.
A moody monkey. Like me.
p/s: Gonna go swim out the moodiness. Ciao.
Add-on:
Went to swim with the target of swimming 1km without much resting. Swam breaststroke for 300m, then had a sip of water from my bottle at the side of the pool. Moved on for another 300 m more with mix breaststroke and freestyle. Had another sip of water. Then had a turbo 150 m freestyle, resting for 1 minute every 25 m.
After the freestyle turbo, I felt like giving up. But when I thought of the satisfaction after I achieve the 1km target, I pushed myself on. This time did it very slowly for another 250 m. About 20 meter before I reach the target, I was smiling to myself, wide and satisfying. =) And the euphoria feeling of the self-satisfaction was indescribable! And it is still keeping my spirit up. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment