Monday, January 21, 2008

Day-dream again....

I'm very surprised with my day-dream ability. lol.


All these dreams are not science-related at all. And all these dreams involving taking up lessons, which obviously need money.

I just realized that I've been visualizing these dreams of mine for more than 2 years already.

1. I've been thinking of taking up baking class since 2005. I even googled for baking lessons in Selangor area, found this Sugarcraft Baking Academy and emailed them regarding the course fees and time. Gosh! A part time course for 3 months need RM3500! I think I should just keep this dream aside first. lol.

First step to baking dream: - experiment at home =P (but I'm not at home now)

2. I've been thinking of surfing since 2003. When I heard Sunway Lagoon has the course for surfing. I almost wanted to go there to inquire about it. But because I chicken out after looking through the pictures on sunway's website where all surfers are Malay guys (no girls?!!) I quit the idea of learning surfing.

I also heard from Elaine last year that she learned surfing at Bali, Indonesia. I went to google for it. It's Rupiah 200,000 (around RM70) with board rentals and surfing courses. But the have to fly there. lol. Money money money is my issue...

First step to surfing dream: -Not enough info on this. Need to inquire more.

3. Have been thinking of rock climbing since 2002. But then heard from my friends that the equipments needed for rock climbing are very very expensive (around RM600 according to a rock climbing forum). Have to buy all these for regular climbing:



First step to rock climbing dream:



Either take up the basic course or just walk in. lol
**But obviously this is cheaper than the bakery course =P**


4. After the Kanching trip I realized that I like to take picture of nature. Like those trees in jungles (not beside the road), those croaked roots, small paths, water etc (That's why I like to see Yong's work). But dunno why when I try to take the picture of water, the pictures just don't come out like what I saw. Hmm.. Why ah?

So, initially I wanted to look for photography class to learn more about capturing scenes. But later found that for a normal people who just want to play around with photography as a hobby not for professional purpose, I should just stick to my bulky cute little Nikon Coolpix 3100





Forget about this even more bulky SLR camera:



First step to photography dream:
-Go more outings and practice to take more nice photo.

5. Korean language. Korean language initially sounds like Tamil to me. I enjoyed laughing at the slang of this language last time when I first heard it. But, I slowly grew interest towards this beautiful language. =) Although I can learn from Korean dramas and memorize words from the Korean dictionary I bought last month, I really hope I can learn proper grammar to build Korean sentences now that my Korean 'teacher' had vanished. lol.

First step to Korean language dream:
-Memorize the words from my Korean dictionary. Then try to translate Korean dramas without looking at subtitles. lol...

6. And Hip hop dance! For those who dunno how it looks like check out these videos in Youtube (Cannot copy their html code) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FX_NFOgQEU
Heard from Get Pei it was RM70 per month for a lesson per week. But, I'm not confident with myself because I think my body is not flexible enough.

First step to HipHop dance dream:
-No idea. Coz I don't know how to dance. Not even ballet (which most girls do when they were young)


7. Wanted to learn Wushu (as in Kungfu) since I was 14. But was not allowed. Now that I'm older and my body is not flexible anymore (same for HipHop dance) I'm pretty sure this dream is impossible to be achieved. End of story. No need to draw possible first step here. lol

Dunno la... Maybe I'm just more like a day-dreamer than a go-getter. That's why until now I didn't step out of my comfort zone to achieve these dreams. But I've reached some of my childhood dream last year. Camping, abseiling, more jungle trekking and hill climbing. I'm sure one day I will get these dreams realized.


No comments: