Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Food in The Curve!

This update is a bit outdated I must admit. We, the 6 girls, went to Bubba Gump in The Curve on 24 August the Sunday to pre-celebrate Choo Peng's birthday.



Forgive me if you hate looking at small photos. I hate it too! I have no idea why the handphone photos all so small...

Bubba Gump interior is very unique! There are 3 different theme in the restaurant. Downstairs one I dunno how to describe coz I din really see what theme it was. Upstairs got two compartments. The one we chose to dine in was like a rugged restaurant in a cowboy city. A wall separated this cowboy theme with another elegant old European style compartment. Both also nice!




The bag I'm holding is CP's birthday present. The plastic bag was handmade by me. Muahaha. So proud of it. Although the gum stain looks a bit gross . But overall it looks good.


This staircase is the stairs to lead us to upstairs. Note the wood planks. Nice right?


Decoration on the wall. All sauces arranged neatly on the shelf.


Old European theme behind the white colour wall


Cowboy theme


Menu on Ping Pong bat. Creative! Zhuang later told me the Bubba Gump in US have this too. And Zhuang said the Bubba Gump waiters in US will come to the table and ask the customers 3 questions about the movie Forrest Gump. And if the customer get them right he/she can get a free dessert. Cool right? Too bad Malaysia one dun have such thing.


CP and GP


I ordered steak. Hehe. Expected la. Coz normally dun have the chance to eat steak. I will grab every chance given to me. Kakaka..
I ordered medium steak coz I want it soft and slightly uncooked taste of the beef. Hehe. The mashed potato was good but I dun like the sour cream on it which covered the taste of the mashed potato. Salad was fresh and it tasted unique coz it had a kind of herbal taste in the dressing. I dun like onion ring. So no comment for the onion ring. =P

These are the food ordered by the girls:


I think this is shrimp.


Fish and chip on a newspaper. This is not a normal newspaper. It's actually oil paper (direct translate from mandarin. Hehe). And the news is actually also related to Forrest Gump.


Salmon with rice. I ordered the same fruit smoothie too. It is called Run Forrest Run. Inside got grape plus banana and yoghurt if not mistaken.


CP with a gigantic burger


Shi Yun and Forrest's luggage and chocolate. I never watch this movie but according to Zhuang, who watched this movie several times (she loves this movie!), Forrest sat in a bus with this luggage and chocolate and he started to share the chocolate with people in the train. And thats when he shared his famous line -- My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."


--------------------


Had a very rare dining experience with Adam and Yumin on Monday. I emphasized the word 'dining' here because we went to La Gourmet in the Curve. This is the very first time in our history going to such sophisticated restaurants.


I ordered chicken pasta. It tasted great! The price also 'great' le. lol. RM20.90 for this pasta.

Din take picture with them coz we kept talking until din have time to take photo la. lol.

So ngam three of us are dog lovers. So we went to the pet centre in Ikano, wanted to see the dogs. But too bad maybe it was 9 something at night already, the dogs were all taken away from the cages already. So we ended up looking at the dog accessories. lol.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the meal is salmon with rice... ^^

yinkheay said...

ok.. updated. =P