Actually when I was typing in previous post that I am trying hard to live my life. I mean I am trying really hard but didn't mean I manage to live my life. I feel lost, empty, depressed (again), useless and alone (nobody to depend on). And I dun feel like doing anything.
I started walking alone in Pyramid again before meeting up Yun Ying. First time after the break up. And the familiar lonely feelings came back to me when I saw loving couples pass by. But this time, I have no one with me. Which makes me feel even more lonely. And the pain was then gradually building up again. I think it did not start when I walked alone in Pyramid last night. I had this empty feeling few days ago especially when I'm driving coz you cant do other stuff to keep yourself occupied when you're driving. And the only thing you can do when you are driving is to think which either brighten up your mood or dampen your mood. My mindset automatically chose the second. How pessimistic. (I'm not always cheerful as some of you might think)
I suddenly found something fresh to occupy my soul when I saw the painting stall in Pyramid new wing last night. It was the Starry Starry Night by Vincent Van Gough, my favourite painting. If you read my blog very long time ago you will know, else, just see here for more detail.
It was staring at me from the ground floor when I was at the second floor going to Popular Bookstore. I got attracted to it. Headed to ground floor instead of the bookstore. RM300 per piece. Even though it's just a fake, but it's still too expensive for me. So this idea came to me. How about draw a painting for my room deco so that my room will be brightened up a bit? Cool idea right? Hehe. But I still thinking wanna draw Starry Starry Night or not. Coz if you know the story of Van Gough, you will know how lonely this painting represents. I duwan it to amplify my loneliness.
And then I walked back to Popular again. Came out with a box of Buncho crayon and a piece of thick drawing paper. Mum, if you're reading this dun nag me for buying the crayon when I can take free good quality crayon from home. Coz I cannot tahan already ma.. Wanna fast fast draw liao ma. Hehe. Cannot wait until bro passes it to me. Dun worry, it's a medium size box, not the big one. Wont be as expensive.
So this is my personal mini project. A painting for room deco. =)
---------------------
Forgot to write the review on this book I just finish reading.
Next. By Michael Crichton.
This cover is the one I have. Got it in MPH warehouse sales at lower price. RM20+ if not mistaken.
But I think this cover looks more appealing. Hmm..
I love this book!
He argues about the ethical problem that will arise from genetic engineering in a very Frankenstein manner. He tells it in short interlinked stories which is surprisingly pretty persuasive to me. I hate novels which are draggy (like Lord of the Ring). This novel has a fast pace, fast enough to keep me awake to read it. =P And it is addictive enough to keep me reading it when I was waiting for traffic lights while driving. Hehe. Ok ok. No more reading when driving now since I've already finish reading it.
He even put 7 pages of references (mostly journals) at the last few pages of the book. And he also put 8 pages of his own opinions on the gene patenting, use of human tissues, gene testing, bans on some genetic researches in some countries and the Bayh-Dole act. Very scientific feel. Makes me feel so sciencesick (derived from homesick. hehe)
-----------------
Oh. Talking about science fictions. I bought several old 1980s science fictions from the bookfair in 3K Subang Jaya long time ago before I graduated. And the first few pages already brought me plenty of cold sweat. The story is about the world in 2030. And this sentence talking about how hightech the typewriter will be in 2030... When I saw this sentence I suddenly lost my "apetite" to continue reading the book. I's like, hello? We dun use typewriter anymore now. We use PDAs if you want hightech for heaven's sake. lol. I'm bad.
And after that I swore to myself I will never ever buy old outdated science fictions again. Ever.
------------------
And talking about typewriter. Ah~~ Sweet memories. I miss the 'keching' sound when it got to the next line. Hehe. And I miss how I hate stucking my fingers into the holes in between the buttons. It peeled my skin. And the tapping sounds of the sticks (dunno how to call it). And how I always liked to touch the ink strips when I was wondering where the printed words came from. I was 9... I was just playing around with the typewriter =)
p/s: For those of you who are too young to know how a typewriter looks like. =P It looks like this:

2 comments:
Haha. I am anticipating of your wall painting.
hehe.. not wall painting la.. just a painting.
Post a Comment