Yeay! Yeay! Yeay!
Ok. I should explain these screaming =P.
Finally, after 2-3 years of dreaming, I've got the chance to learn life saving already! It's tomorrow! Yes! T-o-m-o-r-r-o-w. Tomorrow! Bronze Medallion, here I come!
I didn't state this in my previous post on my day dream post coz I got too many dreams suddenly it hid at the very behind of my brain =P. I remember 2-3 years ago when I was learning swimming in Sunway Monash Condo Hostel, I've been admiring the beautiful postures of the girls jumping into the water and dragging a person out from the middle of the pool. How cool can that be? So, I told myself I'm gonna learn finish swimming and then brush up my swimming skills until I'm confident with it. Then, I'll take up life saving course.
But, as usual, I chickened out.
As usual.
Swimming was never on my top 10 interests list before 2005 (or was it 2006?). I remember in a class tutorial when Yun Ying asked around for people who is interested to go for a swimming lesson with her and Yi Siu asked around for people to join her Wushu class. Despite the love for wushu since Form 2, I went to swimming lesson with Yun Ying.
Way before YY asked me, I thought to myself that since I already know breast stroke (from informal learning since young), swimming lessons are so unnecessary. Because since I can learn breast stroke without an instructor I can learn other styles myself as well. So when I got the idea of learning myself, I tried to learn free style from observing how people swim free style at the pool. But, I couldn't get it right and got very dizzy after turning my head to left and right. That's when I started to think of taking up a swimming lesson. Just to learn free style =P.
Free styles
After attended first few lessons, I was so satisfied with myself coz I finally know how to swim free style. Then only I know free style no need to turn the head to left and right. lol. But I think my left hand is a bit cacat with my posture. I cannot 'insert' my hand into the water properly. Always feel awkward when I dive my hand into the water =P
Breast strokes
Before the lessons, I didn't know breast stroke is supposed to be this aggressive. And being this aggressive is beautiful. =)
From the lessons not only I learned free styles but also improved my breast stroke. Until then only I know the correct breast stroke looks so different from the normal one you see in the pool. You're supposed to carry your shoulder and chest higher than water level when you come out from water and then thump your head into the water afterwards. But sometimes no energy to push myself out of water so much la. When I got not enough energy to push myself out I'll just swim like how people normally swim. hehe..
Backstroke and Butterfly
Backstroke
Butterfly. The most beautiful of all swimming styles.
And I got to learn backstroke and butterfly too but seldom swim these two styles. When I swim backstroke I always swim senget line one because lack of practice. And the water always covers my face when I swim backstroke. So, I always got choked by the water.
I like to watch guys swim butterfly style because normally those who swim butterfly in public are good in this style. I can't swim beautiful butterfly. When I swim butterfly I will look like I'm drowning. lol. I think it's either because my legs are not very strong or posture is wrong. So my kicks can't really send me up back to the air, that's why looks like drowning.
Oh yea. This lead me to one question. Without using hands to paddle and with my legs kicking up and down like free style I tend to swim downwards. What's wrong ah? Is it because my legs are too weak (need more practice) or my body posture is wrong or my kicking posture is wrong? Any idea? I don't find breast stroke kick a problem though. (Maybe I should ask my instructor tomorrow =P)
Ok. Wish me luck with my first day lesson tomorrow. Hope can really pass the test and get the cert la.. Crossing fingers. If I pass the test, this will be my another co-curriculum achievement (after my sign language class) in my life =)
P/s: I better keep practice to get back my stamina. **I can't swim too long without stopping, can die la.. can out of breath**
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Going back with my bro for CNY. So happy =D
I miss home, miss my mama papa, miss my didi. The last time I saw them was Christmas time.
Can't wait to treasure the moments spending time with them again. =)
Talking about CNY, I tried to avoid listening to Chinese radio stations recently because they always play CNY songs. So recently I listen more English radio stations like Fix and Fly fm. But, this week these English radio stations started to play CNY songs as well.
Maybe I should learn to bear with the annoying "dong dong chiang" songs.
Happy Chinese New Year. Happy dong dong chiang. lol.

2 comments:
ahahaha... YOU ARE MY SI-FU ler... hehe... thank you for teaching!! muahahaha... hope that i can swim with u again hor... its been so long~~~ than i haven swimmed looo... almost a year!!! OMG.. i hope i still rmb!!!
one year oredi ah? haha.. time pass so fast.
Post a Comment