Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Scent freak

I have very unique taste for scents. Some find it very weird, some share the same taste.

1. For those who know what LB agar/broth is, I love the smell when it is being autoclaved. I mean those clean LB agar/broth, not LB waste with bacteria. Autoclave of LB waste has distinct smell of bacteria. Not as nice as clean LB. My colleagues are all very traumaed by my like towards LB smell. Haha. CY said she heard from a seminar that excessive inhalation of Trypton in LB will intoxication. hmm...

2. I just discovered that 70% ethanol has very nice smell. It exactly smells like alcohol la. And I can feel the sudden of dizziness when I sniff in the vapour. This is a good (but expensive) substitute for alcohol which has the bitter taste I dun like. Haha. I think sniffing 70% ethanol is the least risky of all coz it should be quite purely ethanol (is it?). Hehe. And ethanol is edible ma. So it should be ok gua. =P

3. I like the smell of bleach. Either chlorine in the swimming pool or the bleach from clothes washing. After contacting the bleach, the hand will smells a bit bleach. I like the smell since the day I started to like swimming. It's something like Pavlov's theory I guess. You know, the theory where bell is rang when food is served to a dog, then the dog secretes saliva whenever the bell rang. Whenever I smell bleach, I will feel the euphoria I feel when I'm swimming.



Mum had been warning me about the risk of sniffing too much chemicals coz she thinks this will lead to cancer. She might be right. Die la. I somemore go and sniff more when I find that I like the scents. Higher chances of getting a cancer? hmm.. Should I just stick to the 70% ethanol? lol.

I'll leave the discussion here. Gotta go sleep already. So tired. Nights.


7 comments:

Yasha said...

DIE lo like that. The smells (noticed I don't refer it as scent?) that ppl don't like you LOVE. GOSH!!! no good. Like you mom said might lead to cancer. More specifically respiratory cancer!

yinkheay said...

yea.. i think i'll just stick to ethanol =P cut down sniffing chlorox and LB.

p/s: i purposely write scent here hehe coz i think they are nice smell =P so since you're refering it as smell means u dun like the smell lo I reckon? hehe

Anonymous said...

Gal... not sure wat i say is the rite thingy o not... for ur good, if possible stop that la... really no good. Dun say it might lead to cancer or what, but it will lead to a very bad habbit. Like those ppl who 'drinks cough mixture', or those ppl like to sniff one 'GUM' not sure what "gum" is that (but mostly they are Malays. Have heard it in my hometown). when it has become a habbit to you,that will be very bad!
(Just like to those who addicted to coffee o tea. My mom used to addicted to COKE. All these are very bad habbit, and will lead e.g. headache, to you)

And, my job is to test the taste n smell of the flavour. my manager has bought the insurance to insure her NOSE. So, mayb thats the risk of getting nose cancer.

Yasha said...

LOL I don't like LB smells fo sho!! Clorox I can tolerate. Alcohol is my alley I don't sniff em but I drink em. LOL

yinkheay said...

Thanks for concern pei. =)

yinkheay said...

Thanks for concern pei. =)

yumin said...

u sound like a drug addict
I think chemicals are sometimes referred to as 'drugs'?
i see why now -.-"

take care lol