Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A very long philosophy on love

"Heay, what is love?" Heng asked.

Me: Love is a feeling. A feeling that will make you worry, feel sad or happy for the person you love

Heng: Love is the desire and feeling to appreciate each other

And then he added "I think love is more than just appreciation".

But when I asked him to explain his statement he dunno how to put in words.

Me: Is it in a good way?

Heng: Love is always good. Don't you think?

Me: Love can be selfish. Like what I'm doing now. I'm holding you off from sleeping. And it's 2am there now. Faster go sleep.


Maybe love is just a feeling, nothing else. But this feeling can lead to several consequences, either good or bad, depending how you handle it. We are human, we are not saints, we make mistakes. Despite the happy times, sometimes we can become too emo and hurt our love ones.

So love is not a problem itself, it is only a factor of the problem. The problem (in which people always find from love) is the way people manage the relationship. Relationship does not only involve couples. When two individuals love each other, even when they have not agreed with each other to commit, if it is not handled well, heartbreaks happen. Just like growing a plant. If

love = buy a plant
management = water plant
heartbreaks = the plant wilts
end relationship = plant dies

If you buy a plant (If you love a person), you must water it to make sure it won't wilt (manage the relationship to prevent heartbreaks) right? After you buy the plant, whether to water it or leave it to die is your choice.

But of course, you will protest that human is much more complicated that this case. Yes, maybe even if you water the plant, the plant still don't have the willpower to live (maybe even when you tried hard, you still can't get along well with you love ones, whoever the culprit is, maybe both).

So, you should start to look for the reason why the plant still wilts. Is it because of disease? Is there any medicine to cure the disease? Or is the sun too strong for this breed? Try solve it first, don't put your frus on the plant because at this fragile moment, not only you are fragile, your plant is fragile too. So be gentle even though you are really frustrated coz anger won't solve any problem. It creates more problem. If after many attempts, there's no way to cure the plant and the plant still chooses to die, at least you can say you tried your best.

In most cases, if both parties have the love for each other, I don't see why there's no way to work out on the relationship. You can condemn that I'm not in 'real' relationship, that I'm not in the 'real' scenario. But, this is what I'm telling myself and is holding tight to this belief.

Water or let it wilt. One day the plantlet will become a tree and you will be proud of yourself. =)

Hmm. I think Heng is right, love is always good. Love is a good intention. But I want to add: How love affects the couples can be both ways, good or bad, because it depends very much on how you communicate with your love ones and how both of you go through the ups and downs. But there's one exception. If one party stops loving another and stop maintaining, no matter how hard the other party tries, it just won't work.


I also dunno whether I say correctly or not. These are only theory. It's just like a review paper from few journals. It's always getting nasty when it comes to practical isn't it? lol.


Opinions anyone?

No comments: