Friday, March 28, 2008

Earth Hour

Wanted to go to the car repair workshop CP went with CP this morning then only go work. Then only realized workshops dun open so early in the morning. Argh. Should have go in the afternoon after work. Nevermind, I'll just wait then coz hopefully the mechanics will say "Oh. This one small problem. I can repair for you right now. It will only take 1 hour." lol. Dream on la. But if there's no dream, what is life for? lol

So I'll wait.


*********************


I received an email from Raleigh saying that 29th March 2008 (this Saturday) is an Earth Hour event for this year. The whole world will switch off their lights at 8pm for 1 hour. This event is to deliver the message about the need for action on global warming.

Last year it was only a Sydney event. But this year, it's going global.


Here are some of the countries which are participating in this event:

Australia
US
Italy-Rome
UK
Brazil-Curitiba
Israel-Saba
Indonesia-Jakarta
South Korea
Singapore-Singapore
Malaysia-Kuala Lumpur
India
Phillipines-Phillipines
Switzerland-Geneva
Greece-Aegina
New Zealand
Spain-Puerto Rico

*Those countries which I didn't include the cities have more than one cities participating.
For more info, please click here.

Wow. Kuala Lumpur also joining the event! I'm not sure whether it's the whole city or it's just some organizations/schools. See here for the list of companies/school participating in the event. Quite a lot le.

I've signed up the event in the website as an individual already. Go sign up for the event now! And have a nice candle light dinner at home. Or sit around chatting with your family members in the dark. Or sit alone facing the wall in the dark like a moron for 1 hour. Share ghost stories with a bunch of friends in the dark.. Oooo.. Scary. Not only can we deliver the message about global warming, I think when large amount of people signing up for this event, switching off the lights for one hour is enough to save a lot of fuels used to generate the electric.

lol.. This is not an advertisement. It's a nature calling. keke.

So, in order to help save the fuel by a bit, that night I will switch off all the electritical devices in my room (except my handphone la). So, please dun call me and tell ghost stories yea. hehe. Most probably I will be the moron for 1 hour coz I dun have torchlight. Can't write poems without the light what. lol. Can't chat with Heng also. Can't blog. Can't read people's blog. Have to cut all the things I do when I'm at home.


Earth Hour 2007 in Australia. See Australia was all dark. I always admire the awareness on environment Australians have. Canada was dark also. Maybe they also participated?


Remember to switch off the lights at 8pm 29 March 2008 yea =)


Will post up Earth Hour 2008 world at night picture if I find any in my next entries.


2 comments:

@ppl3 said...

CP went with CP??? LOL

yinkheay said...

lol.. it should be read like this.. go to the car repair workshop CP went, with CP. =P

haha.. dunno la.. i also read it a few times but dunno how to phrase it la =P