Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Adventures and some money-losing experiences

Hmm. After reading CP's comment, I scared people will complain about my previous post. So I just deleted it. hehe... Dunno is it a wise choice to take it off. lol...


***************************

I wanted to write this post. But I'm not sure how to put them in paragraphs. I wanted to make it as funny as it can. But, the more I want it to be perfect, the longer I 'postpone' writing it.

So here it is!

Have been really poor lately. First, it was the minor accident I had. I banged on my aunt's gate and had to pay RM280 for the repair fees. Mum paid for me first. So I owe my mum a big sum of money. Including here and there to sum up to RM360.

So, I had been saving money since then. I dun use Kesas Highway to go Sri Petaling for my swimming lessons even though it takes shorter time to reach. Because Kesas charge me RM4.40 (2 tolls). So I use NPE instead (only RM1.60, one toll). Coming also the same, take NPE not Kesas. This saves me RM5.60. Wow!

Then last Sunday I went to the swimming class again. My car desperately needed petrol. And because I would have to take a long drive to a U-turn and drive back to Shell station I decided to take Kesas instead coz there's a Shell station before the toll. But when I drove there. I missed the junction! Arghh! So, I turned to OUG Shell petrol station purposely just for filling up the petrol. And this 'U-turn' was even further than the USJ one. RM4.40 wasted.

And then going back was a nightmare as well. Normally I took the small roads to OUG then take NPE back one. But all the while I was curious whether I can take the Kesas from Sri Petaling Carrefour back to OUG then only take NPE back USJ. So I gave it a try. And the very unfortunate thing happened. lol. The junction to OUG is right after a RM2.20 toll! OMG. After paying the toll I asked myself "Should I just go straight back to USJ or go OUG and take NPE?" At that time I forgot about the RM1.60 Kesas Sunway Toll. So, I was thinking.. "hmph, the toll fees so expensive, I'm gonna boycott Kesas from now on." So I took the long way to NPE and back to Sunway. So, in total I wasted RM6.60 because I took an alternative plan to go and leave swimming lesson.

You say funny or not. Zhuang couldn't help laughing when I told her this. Sigh...

I dun mind being called pantang now. I'm gonna buy a new purse coz it's broken here and there. There's a believe saying that a broken purse can make one loose money. I know those money-losings were due to my carelessness la. But dun care lo.. I wanna buy new purse already. Saving money now for the new purse.


***************************


Talking about Kesas Highway I got a little 'adventure' to tell. lol. I know for people who are working in KL will think it's small matter. But, it's a big thing for me. =P

I had never dreamed myself driving to KL. Summore today I drove alone there! From Kelana Jaya! Yes, me, the queen of sense-of-directionless. lol.

For a person who have totally no idea how to go KL (but I know one can go KL through Federal Highway la) driving to KL can be considered as an adventure already. lol.

At first it was all cool. I know where to turn to go Federal Highway from LDP. It was the first time I drove on Federal Highway! Yeay! Federal Highway at 12.30pm was ok. Slow but flowing. Luckily KL was easy to follow. I followed the signboard until Sungai Wang there. Was damn happy with myself.

Then, follow halfway, while frantically looking for the signboard showing KLCC (coz in front was a branch, going either left or right), I didn't see the car in front stopping. I almost bang that car's butt. Summore my car was not slow that time le. So, I quickly turned my wheel and luckily I avoided the crash. But there's a motorcycle behind me.. I didn't saw that. Luckily the cyclist managed to avoid me. I was really disappointed with my carelessness that after that I didn't see the signboard and hence turned the wrong lane. Luckily there's a U-turn after a fairly long distance.

It was raining very very heavily until I could not see the signboard clearly. I slowly explore on and tried to look for a clue to go back towards KLCC direction. And then Bingo! Despite the heavy rain that obscure the view, I found the signboards again. I went back to Sungai Wang there, the rain ceased a bit. I think it's playing a prank on me. Sigh... Then, I followed the signs and finally! I saw KLCC entrance!! I didn't want to park in KLCC coz it's damn expensive. So, I make a guess that going round the KLCC I might find the famous Avenue K. And I did. I parked my car there and saw a sign showing KLCC Rapid KL sign. So I followed, walked through the KLCC LRT underground and then mission completed! Yeay!

I went there for a talk about "Deciphering the Leukaemia Genome Using Next Generation Sequencing Technologies". I dun really know what it is about except that Dr Mardis sequenced the genome from cancer patients. Maybe I had not enough sleep the day before..

Oh yea. Talk about sleeping. I need to sleep now. Very tired. And I promised myself to sleep at 9.30pm today. But it's 10.30pm now. OMG! Ciao.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take LDP next time if you are going to Sri Petaling. It's FOC.

Oh, I didn't know you were lost on the way to KLCC. Guess I shouldn't have called you :P

Yasha said...

LOL LOL LOL Though I've heard the toll story, I can't help but to read it again. COZ IT IS SO FUNNY!!! I can't stop laughing still LOL LOL LOL! Sorry Heay. Not that I'm laughing at you, well maybe I am. HAHAHAHAHAH!

Anonymous said...

gal, hav u ever tot that, to skip the toll, to save the toll, so u use the long way to go there, but... but... mayb u will waste ya $$$ on the petrol????

Cuz petrol might cost lots than the toll...

><

yinkheay said...

my car run 1 km used up maximum 17 cents petrol. So, I dunno how many km I need to waste on NPE.. Say 10 km means I used RM1.70 petrol.

RM4.40 for kesas toll minus RM1.60 for NPE toll = RM2.80. Still. It's still a better choice to go longer way than paying for the toll in this case.

Anonymous said...

ic... ic... but ar... USJ to Sri petaling from Kesas is more than 10KM, then u take longer time to reach sri petaling by the NPE, definitely is more than 10KM...