Sunday, March 16, 2008

The best thing of being home

I cut my finger when I was preparing for the 'special' lunch today!

It was a very stupid mistake, as usual. lol. I was opening the luncheon meat can with the screw that can be spun around the can to peel open the can. But the metal came off the screw. So, I used my hand to pull off the metal instead, thinking it's only a bit more shouldn't be that unlucky to get a cut one. But, obviously I underestimated the metal. haha.

So I told myself I'm gonna make my blood worth it. haha. Luckily the lunch turned out pretty good. =) The image of this meal had been in my brain for 2 days already. And when I got exactly what I imagined. I just could not stop grinning.

Come see see my product -- Pancake with fillings



I make the 'skin' from egg, flour, water and sugar. The content consists of finely chopped Chinese mushroom, long bean, luncheon meat, mengkuang, carrot and cucumber. I seasoned these with soy sauce and black pepper powder. Yum!

It looks even nicer if served this way

Mum's idea. Nice eh?


*****************


Finally found the name for the spooky song I mentioned in previous post. Thanks Yumin for that. =)

It's called "I write sins not tragedies" by Panic at the Disco. Wow. They have such weird band name. lol. But really nice song. I like.

After watching their MV only I realised I watched it before one. No wonder the song sounds so familiar to me. But their MV is a bit spooky. Really match the song lo.



*******************

Yeay. I'm going to eat Bak Kut Teh this Tuesday! So happy! This Bak Kut Teh although not as gao (thick) as Klang's Bak Kut Teh, but the taste is there. Not like those diluted ones in SS14. lol. Can't wait to eat. Yum!!

And and. I'm going to make my first ever prune cake. Tomorrow going to buy prunes and going to soak it in alcohol overnight first. The next day I will start making the cake. Wish me luck!

These are the best things being at home =) To finally have the chance to eat food I always wanted to eat and to have the utensils to bake cake. Yeay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your wound is okay! Be careful next time =)

Oh I love Panic! At the Disco. Their songs are catchy.

yinkheay said...

Thanks. It's better now.