Sunday, March 1, 2009

Second endurance training - Gunung Dato

Fuh! Just came back from Gunung Dato' trek with Marble Soon, Chung Ming, Li Ern and EWei. Tiring...

I went for this trek with the sole purpose of endurance training for KK. All these while, I'm used to trekking 10 minutes, then stop and rest for 20 minutes kind of trek when I'm tired. So, knowing that I'm training for my KK trip, Chung Ming kept pushing me uphill while Soon kept "pulling" me uphill. Thanks Chung Ming and Soon! Although I very unwillingly continuously trek uphill, but when I reached the top all the torture suddenly felt nothing to me. Hahaha.. If not because of you guys, I think I sure very slack. I sure use more than 2 hours to reach the top. Yea, this time I used 2 hours to reach the top, if not mistaken it's faster than last time.

We met quite a few fun people up there. A whole team of prison investigators went climbing today also. We met the funny "tuan" (everyone call him tuan), the muscular Commander who was in the Malaysia first Everest climbing team, another guy (dunno his position) and some ladies (I guess they work in the office la coz they are skinnier than me!!). We also met a very experienced Indian (or mamak??) climber who had climbed hills for 30 years. He climbs hill every weeken and had already climbed 10 hills this year!! OMG, it's only February now. And we met two solo climbers who look like students to me with DSL cameras. They kept taking the picture of us chatting with the tuan, commander and the climber. Soon gave one of them his email address already, hope he will send the photos to us la. Hehe.


The Tuan very friendly went around and take picture with us. Justify Full


He's also very funny. He asked us some IQ questions:
1. Apa beza anak dara dulu dengan anak dara sekarang?
-Anak dara dulu sudah tua sekarang. Muahahhaa. It's a very cold joke..

2. Tali apa paling kuat di dunia ini?
-Tali bra (coz it holds 2 mountains together.. muahahaha...)


And they told us we should try Gunung Angsi. All of them say it's a very nice hill with nice view. It's near to Kuala Pilah, Seremban. The climber gave Chung Ming his number and offered us a guide if we want to go Angsi next time. So friendly la they all. Really had great time knowing these new friends.

I think today's trek had somehow improved my determination. Hope can go for the next training in March after I come back from hometown.

Gosh, my body is aching already.


Camp area


Group photo


With my trainers at a limited place on the top of the hill to hide from the glaring sun.


Act cool.


Lying on rocks and act emo. Hehe.


This one is not acting emo. This is real emo emotion. lol. Dunno when Soon took one.


Enjoying sitting on the wooden fence with my ice cold 100 plus. Yum!


Tired..

Some nice scenery taken:

Foot of the hill. Nice. But hazy. Someone was burning something there.


Top of the hill taken by Soon. Nice right? Can use as wallpaper already.


Taken by me when I was standing on the isolated rock. The angle very limited la.. This is the best already. Keke.



Oh, and I found that I really love climbing on rocks. Love to find the cleaves and holes and secure the tip of my feet to the hole. I feel safer climbing the rocks than the stairs at Dato' coz I find that I'm depending my life on my hands when I clutch my hands to the rocks. As for the stairs, if the ropes that tie around the stairs broke, then it's your luck.

Since talk about rock climbing already, I saw this clip from Akandos Phang in Facebook (I dunno him but since he looks really good with rock climbing so I just accept his friend request lo). This clip is "Patrick Berhault Climbing like Dancing on the Rock". I love the way he sways and swings so easily on the rocks and the way he secure his feet on the rocks.



Nice right? The way he danced on the rock.

He's the father of rock climbing. But, he died 5 years ago in his 47 when climbing Swiss Alps with his partner. According to this site: "...a cornice of snow collapsed under him on the 67th peak in the journey, the 4,491m Täschhorn, resulting in a fatal 600m fall. Berhault had not been roped to his companion Philippe Magnin, in order to move more quickly on terrain that was technically straightforward for such experienced alpinists..." It's such a waste he died because of a mistake coz he actually can do some safety precaution (tie the rope to his partner) when climbing the hills. But, maybe it's like that la.. When you're very confident in yourself you might wanna go shortcut and tend to overlook some underlying dangers.

Maybe I should learn more on protecting myself when climbing rocks? Hmm.. Hmm...

No comments: