Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Angsi-ed for the first time

Was laughing my ass off when watching this video. Very creative work. And I think this free hand artist is really good. Smooth lines, lively characters. Bravo!




--------------

Went to Gunung Angsi in Seremban last Sunday. Angsi is 825m in height.

After some research online, I have collected some figures for the KK trip. We are supposed to start hike from Timpohon gate which is 1866.4m from sea level. Then hike until resthouse at Laban Rata which is 3272m from sea level. That means I need to hike 1405m to reach the resthouse, which is only about 2 times of Angsi. Minus the decreasing air pressure I think I can hike quite easily la. Summore it's not Mesilau trail which is harder. But with decreasing air pressure, I'm not sure... Need to train more on endurance!! Then after that hike another 823m (about Angsi's height??) to reach the summit - Low's peak.


OK. Back to Angsi.


It's in Hutan Lipur Ulu Bendul Seremban. Have to pay RM5 for registration fees, fill in a form with climbers details (i.e. name, handphone number and IC number)


On the way uphill saw this pipe water. Is this mineral water from the hill?

Then all the way up the hill everyone has no energy to take photo. The trail was pretty demotivating actually. Most of the trail has this very steep uphill slope and when you look up it's like a never ending road. But sometimes it has really flat grounds after the slopes where I happily jogged a bit.


Climbed up without the ropes. Muahaha..

In some cases I think climbing without holding onto ropes is safer coz when you use rope your life is solely depending on it but when you use only your hands at least you know how secure you are and your body is closer to the surface and hence when you slip you can just lie flat on the surface and so the impact is not so strong. I hope I'm making a point.


Climb on all fours. Demonstrating how a monkey climbs up the slope. Hehehe..


And then we were at the top of the hill cooking lunch. It was only some chicken soup. Not enough for a meal. Next time have to bring more solid food to cook.

 Nice scenery from peak

Took group photo at the peak with timer.


Then we started descending the hill.



There are some tips of abseiling I have been practicing:

First,

First test whether the rope is safe to use. Observe the rope whether it's worn out and then apply some pressure by pulling the rope a bit to check whether the tree is stable. I was a bit over in this photo, please do not follow. Hehe..

Second,

When you've hold tight onto the rope, cross the rope so that the rope is in between the legs.

Third,

Then start abseiling. Try every step before stepping on it firmly. The surface might be slippery or it might be some loose soil.

Fourth,

When you have one last step more to land on a solid ground, do not let go of the rope just yet. You might still need it.

Last,

After you had tested that the ground is solid enough to be stepped on and had made your last step on a stable ground then you are free to let go of the rope.


Nice scenery taken at the abseiling part



After crossing river

My stamina has improved quite a lot. And the next day I dun feel any muscle pain! =D

Hope next one can be Gunung Nuang. See how first la. Nuang is insanely long and tiring and demotivating. But this means it's a good training mountain.

Alright! I gotta go sleep now. Nighties!



1 comment:

peipei said...

hoho finally exam over liao ^^

can join liao ^^