Friday, April 4, 2008

Pregnant-dad

Remember the movie (I dun remember the name) about a pregnant dad? It has come into reality now!

That is a really shocking one. When Zhuang sent me the link from Perez Hilton and when I look at the picture I went speechless.

Actually he is not a real guy. Thomas Beatie is a female to male transgender man. Although he removed his breast and took testosterone he still has not removed his ovaries and uterus yet. When his wife is unable to conceive due to prior hysterectomy, he took up the task to get fertilized from donor sperm from sperm bank. He's 5 months pregnant now, going to give birth to a baby girl in 3 July.
This news come out in today Star newspaper too.



But I still don't think he looks like a woman at all. I just can't stop telling myself this picture is just showing a man with bloated stomach.

Although this whole thing sounds really wrong but I think he will really love his baby girl because if he don't, he won't want to sacrifice for it. Hope he does. =)

Here are some videos from YouTube showing Oprah's interview on Thomas







***********************

The day before, I went to KLIA with Adam to fairwell Kexin. Kexin is going to Japan for further studies. Then I did stupid thing again. I mean we. We wanted to go to the departure floor to meet Kexin. Following the signboard, we passed by the 3rd floor to get to the escalator to go to the next level which is the departure floor. Then, when we walked we realized that that area was deserted. So, I looked around. Then only I realized we were standing inside the arrival area. Everyone was standing behind the metal bars waiting for their family or friends to arrive. And we were crossing slowly the arrival area. Funny things always happen to me. I think I will never get bored with my life. lol...


***********************

Upon Heng's request, despite the birthday present I bought for him, I plan to buy a scarf for him. But then I can't find Winter Time and another winter wear shop in Pyramid. Where are the shops hiding ah?

Anyone has some clue? Where can I get Winter Time or other winter wear shops? Midvalley/ One U/ The Curve/ Pyramid?

Didn't know it's so hard to find a winter shop here. Coz last time Pyramid got two winter wear shops so it was really easy to find.


3 comments:

aehknum said...

First time hearing a transgender from female to male. It's harder right, since female is the default gene if SRY-gene thingy is faulty for male.

Anyway, I found this early last year in one of my early post. There's a REAL MAN (not transgendered female) who was pregnant. The first man on earth to be pregnant is Mr Lee Mingwei from China. Not natural one of course and he's not gay. He just want to experience that 10 months torture of every woman and the kemuliaan thingy. You can check it out here: http://www.malepregnancy.com/

One U (old wing) got winter time. In One U itself got 4 winterwear shops. Got get from there la. Pyramid also got. GOt it from One U before, not bad. Near the cinema there.

yinkheay said...

oh.. cool! thanks.

@ppl3 said...

Winter time is now in pyramid new wing... But I cant remember which floor... should be easily spotted....