It's called Typography! I dunno how to explain what it is. It's like a video made up of symbols and alphabets flying here and there. lol.
Get a glimpse of the examples below then you will know what I mean. Very meaningful and at the same time entertaining and artistic. It's cool!
Example 1: The Idiots are Taking Over NOFX - About Americans frustration against Bush
I like the idea of the exclamation marks flew off.
And the words "Life, Liberty and Properties" became $$$ signs.
And the words "People, Politics, Police" became the word "LIES".
Example 2: Typollution - An awareness video about how the environment has been polluted by us, human
I like the way the commas dropping from the cloud especially when the angle is like watching from above. The commas represent raindrops.
And the way the buildings represented by H, L and M mushroomed.
And the way the flowers fell off when the buildings shot up.
And the video ended with question marks (flower petals) falling all over from the flower, ending the video with a question indirectly.
I like to see different types of fonts. When I was in secondary school, I had this habit of writing out all sorts of font types I can imagine in A4 papers and documented them in my special file. This is my another habit other than writing emo poems back in secondary times. hehe..
Remember those secondary school times when we have to make our own scrapbook on our family or something else? And we have to hand them in for some academic marks. I remember I borrowed my dad's font type book for nice fonts so that I can follow exactly the font type on the cover of the scrapbook. (Take note that at that time, about year 1997, we don't use Microsoft Word, we just draw with freehand)
After that, I didn't return that book to my dad for several years. Hehe.. I kept my dad's font type book in my drawer and appreciated every font types in the book whenever I'm free. hehe. I know I sound like a weirdo. But dun forget my parents are artists. Having some artist weirdo personality is not surprising. =P
It was appreciation of the art in the font book at first. Then, I started to draw my own fonts. And I keep them in my file and name every font type I created. I even draw from A to Z and 0 to 9, big and small alphabets. I was actually quite proud of my fonts and actually planned to submit to those websites which buy font types. That was long time ago.
Now I am still like to appreciate font types. I downloaded many different types of fonts in my font folder in control panel. Haha. Too bad blogspot only have boring font types.
Anyway, if they have various nice fonts also I won't use them one la.
Imagine something like this. Although it's artistic. But isn't it hard to read? =P
p/s: Hmmm.. Gotta go dig out my long lost font file. =) I miss the fonts.

2 comments:
Typography art is cool!
yea. i think so too! =D
Post a Comment