Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I hope I can help people out of depression

I had never felt so satisfied before! I feel the satisfaction when I gave my best to motivate people around me. I hope I really manage to pull depressed people out from the dark pit.

After walking out from the depression that haunted me for 3 weeks, almost a month, the same depression that had cost me litres of tears, I find the strength to stand strong and head up against all the uncertainties I had feared all these while.

I still have the fear sometimes now. But knowing that the fear can't gain me any good, I force myself to get rid of the negative thinking (especially the thinking that "I can't do this" and "I can't do that") and try to inject as much positive message to myself as possible.

After escaping from the depression, I feel thankful to those kind people around me who gave me advices that straightened my mind. Without those reminders, I might had killed myself intentionally or unintentionally. I was that depressed. Several times I didn't want to live in this world though I still have the love from family and boyfriend. No worries, I'm ok now. I won't want to kill myself again.

This is why I want to thank these people over and over again. They saved my life indirectly.

Before I had this depression I didn't understand those people who committed suicide. I always think they are stupid and stubborn and just don't see how bright the life can be. But, I finally understand what they are going though after being in their shoes for almost a month. Because I've gone through this. When I was in the dark, I just can't find brightness no matter how hard I tried. So, I dug deeper to the dark side. I think this is what most depressed people facing.

If it's not for the help I seek from my friends, I am still digging my own grave now. So I found that what depressed people really need is people around them, close friends, mentors, lover or parents, whoever you feel comfortable to talk to, confront them and talk to them, tell them how have you been feeling and why. Don't feel embarrassed. It's about your life that you are dealing with. Sane people won't laugh at your attempt to save yourself from depression. Who don't experienced depression? Everyone does. For those who condemned you for being a cry baby over a small problem, they just don't understand how a depressed people feel. Because depressed people tend to think all the bad things don't want to let go of them, no matter how small the thing might be.

Ok. Come back to the advices you get from someone close to you. From these people around, you some might give you advice, some might not. Listen to those that can give you the strength to stand up against the difficulties.

Then, it's your turn to set it straight. Whatever problem you are facing, belief that you can solve it and that you can solve it beautifully. Tell yourself over and over again that you can do it, you can go through it. Then, imagine how will you be like after you've solve the problem. Will you be happy? Will you be respected? Will you be successful? Will you get the position you want? Repeat the vision you imagined again and again in your head until you really belief that this vision is going to happen soon. By now, you should be able to walk out from your depression.

This is how I walked out. I hope it really help. I wanna pass this on so that I can save people from the hell I had gone through. And the thought of being able to help people from depression give a sense of happiness and satisfaction.


Life is so beautiful, again.


OMG. I'm addicted to motivating people now. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

***THINK SIMPLE & BE HAPPY***
***BE SIMPLE & GO-LUCKY***

THESE WORDS MAY HELP TO 'EXPLAIN' ALL (^O^)P

a'mE!

Anonymous said...

i'm Happie to hear about it (you're out of depression) my dear. =)

keep up your spirit in wanting to help others out of it!

Love ya!