Had been counting down to Christmas since my birthday which was back in the beginning of October. lol. This is no joke though. I really love Christmas even though I'm not a Christian. There was one year when I was a kid my parents encouraged me and bro to put socks beside our beds on Christmas Eve. We just hang the socks we wore to school beside the bed and the next morning the stockings were stuffed with a badminton racket each. That explain why our school stockings were always loose. lol.
This didn't add much to my liking to badminton and neither to Christmas. I knew the Santa Claus who gave us the rackets were my parents because I remember them buying badminton rackets on the Christmas Eve night in the mall (they brought us along too. lol)
It was this memorable Christmas Eve party at Kampar with my mother-side grandparents that increased my interests towards Christmas. All my uncles and aunties were there. No one was absent. Everyone brought a present and we started exchanging present in the party. I remember grandma played a Christmas song (I think it's silent night) with Organ. Everyone was laughing and had a great time talking and singing.
Since then, I waited for Christmas parties with grandparents which had never happened again. That was our first and last family reunion Christmas party. =(
The subsequent Christmas parties were with Zhuang's neighbours. The feelings were never the same again. =( And I miss my popo and gonggong. Hope there's Christmas party in Heaven. And hope they will be enjoying it there. =)
Ok... Get back to the bright side.
Although I miss Christmas party with my grandparents and relatives very much, Christmas left something sweet in my heart. Something really sweet. It's those memories and the warmth. So it's been my habit to start counting down to Christmas from my birthday which was way before Christmas. lol.
Happy Christmas everyone!
This didn't add much to my liking to badminton and neither to Christmas. I knew the Santa Claus who gave us the rackets were my parents because I remember them buying badminton rackets on the Christmas Eve night in the mall (they brought us along too. lol)
It was this memorable Christmas Eve party at Kampar with my mother-side grandparents that increased my interests towards Christmas. All my uncles and aunties were there. No one was absent. Everyone brought a present and we started exchanging present in the party. I remember grandma played a Christmas song (I think it's silent night) with Organ. Everyone was laughing and had a great time talking and singing.
Since then, I waited for Christmas parties with grandparents which had never happened again. That was our first and last family reunion Christmas party. =(
The subsequent Christmas parties were with Zhuang's neighbours. The feelings were never the same again. =( And I miss my popo and gonggong. Hope there's Christmas party in Heaven. And hope they will be enjoying it there. =)
Ok... Get back to the bright side.
Although I miss Christmas party with my grandparents and relatives very much, Christmas left something sweet in my heart. Something really sweet. It's those memories and the warmth. So it's been my habit to start counting down to Christmas from my birthday which was way before Christmas. lol.
Happy Christmas everyone!

1 comment:
Post a Comment