There's no countdowns. Got a few sms greetings and a call from Keen on Christmas Eve sending early Christmas greetings). Christmas morning was quiet.
Mum suggested to make a butter egg cake for Christmas. So we started to make it after breakfast.
Mum decorating the cake with cocoa cream
I was worrying the cocoa would fade a bit after baking the cake. Luckily the words are still visible. Merry Xmas =)
After having lunch, we then spent the whole afternoon watching a Chinese drama until about 4 something in the afternoon we started making dumplings for dinner.
This dumpling is called 咸角子 (pronounced sian jiao zi in Chinese. Some people call it ham kok zai in cantonese). The skin is transparent when it's cooked. This is the first time we make this type of dumpling. So the shape looks a bit weird. Almost half the dumplings I made was broken maybe because I was too harsh with the skin or the skins were to thin to hold the fillings.


Christmas is about presents!! =D

We played Secret Santa last night. Everyone picked a piece of paper with a person's name on it. Then one would have to buy a present below RM10 for that person. I picked mei's name. I bought a really cute pink colour hipo soft toy for her. =P
I got a pair of earrings from my mum. hehe. Love the earrings.
Brother came to join in the fun too. =)

Bro brought us some snacks from Bandung, Indonesia.

src="http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t77/yinkheay/DSC05227.jpg" alt="Photobucket" border="0" />
Donuts from J. Co


Banana cookies

This dumpling is called 咸角子 (pronounced sian jiao zi in Chinese. Some people call it ham kok zai in cantonese). The skin is transparent when it's cooked. This is the first time we make this type of dumpling. So the shape looks a bit weird. Almost half the dumplings I made was broken maybe because I was too harsh with the skin or the skins were to thin to hold the fillings.
I didn't prepare the fillings so I'm not really sure what's in the fillings. I saw some carrot slices, mushrooms, some greeny stuff which looks like leafy vege to me and something looks like radish slices. My aunt's family are vegetarians. That is why they dun include meat in the fillings.
Christmas is about presents!! =D
I got a pair of earrings from my mum. hehe. Love the earrings.
Brother came to join in the fun too. =)
Bro brought us some snacks from Bandung, Indonesia.
src="http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t77/yinkheay/DSC05227.jpg" alt="Photobucket" border="0" />
Donuts from J. Co
Banana cookies
We've got presents.
We've got foods.
We had some laughs.
We've got foods.
We had some laughs.
And some funny faces too! =P

1 comment:
For getting a Nice christmas, juste get fancy and adorable Linen :
vinalinen.com
Post a Comment