Today was reading a book called "Speaking with a Purpose" on the bus on my way back home from KL. I borrowed this book in MUST library. It was on the new arrivals shelf on display few days ago. It caught my eyes.
Arthur Koch, the author taught people how to public speaking with confidence. There's one thing he asked readers to try. List out 5 things to do in order to stretch your comfort zone. He meant comfort zone for public speaking. But he stressed that stretching comfort zone can be applied to other situations in life.
I stared at this sentence for like 5 minutes, thinking. If I'm to answer this question. What are the 5 things I would do to stretch my comfort zone? Koch gave some examples in the book:
If you are more comfortable waiting for someone else to speak first, push yourslef to speak first as often as possible; Ask more questions in store; Try dressing differently; Seek leadership roles; Go horseback riding; Drive somewhere you have never been
Then this thought came to me. 1 I've never been driving in the traffic in KL before. I guess driving everyday to work and back is one of the accomplishment to stretch my comfort zone. 2 Then working from 9-5 every 5 days in a week might be one accomplishment since I had never worked so long before. Very tiring le... Hehe. 3 Then earning my own money and don't take money from parents anymore (I always dream to be financially independent. I owe my parents too much. Duwan to burden them anymore). 4 Then learning molecular biology work in lab is another one (coz I never did that before and hav no idea how to do it. I'm gonna learn soon
).
5 I guess the last one would be flying to UK when I get the chance to take annual leave. Muahaha.
Arthur Koch, the author taught people how to public speaking with confidence. There's one thing he asked readers to try. List out 5 things to do in order to stretch your comfort zone. He meant comfort zone for public speaking. But he stressed that stretching comfort zone can be applied to other situations in life.
I stared at this sentence for like 5 minutes, thinking. If I'm to answer this question. What are the 5 things I would do to stretch my comfort zone? Koch gave some examples in the book:
If you are more comfortable waiting for someone else to speak first, push yourslef to speak first as often as possible; Ask more questions in store; Try dressing differently; Seek leadership roles; Go horseback riding; Drive somewhere you have never been
Then this thought came to me. 1 I've never been driving in the traffic in KL before. I guess driving everyday to work and back is one of the accomplishment to stretch my comfort zone. 2 Then working from 9-5 every 5 days in a week might be one accomplishment since I had never worked so long before. Very tiring le... Hehe. 3 Then earning my own money and don't take money from parents anymore (I always dream to be financially independent. I owe my parents too much. Duwan to burden them anymore). 4 Then learning molecular biology work in lab is another one (coz I never did that before and hav no idea how to do it. I'm gonna learn soon
5 I guess the last one would be flying to UK when I get the chance to take annual leave. Muahaha.

No comments:
Post a Comment