Went to the Tian Hou Kong temple with Keen just to buy the Buddha bracelet to replace the one I lost in sky trek last Sunday. Keen wanted to qiu qian, but there were too many people in the temple queueing up for it, so he gave up.
Upon his request we took some pictures at the rooftop. Actually didn't want to take picture anymore coz last time already taken before ma.
Upon his request we took some pictures at the rooftop. Actually didn't want to take picture anymore coz last time already taken before ma.
Then after that went to The Gardens to have our lunch.
I wanted to try something new. Since Keen said Nyonya Colors always have lots of people lining up to order food, I thought "let's give it a try!"
Looks like this restaurant is never short of long queue.

The interior of the restaurant is very nice. But a bit crowded lo...


I ordered Yellow Laksa

It really looks yellow! The soup taste very very nice! Taste like a combination of curry and kunyit. The white cubes are white radish I think. The white radish absorbs the soup hence making it tastes so much nicer than plain white radish. The chicken was tender. This dish is only RM8.90!! Consider cheap for the nice food and nice environment (air cond in Gardens) and nice decoration, minus the crowded seats.
Keen ordered Nasi kunyit + curry chicken which is also RM8.90.

The nasi kunyit was too hard. Maybe the prepared it early morning and placed there for hours already. I tried two sips of the curry. The curry broth was brilliant! It's rich with the taste of coconut milk and curry.
Both these dishes are not very spicy. So those who likes spicy might not find it tasty. But for me, I judge curry-based food by their intensity of the taste and smell of the spices they put in. So I think these are brilliant! No wonder so many people queue up for the food la.
Then, ice kacang (ABC) I ordered

Not very satisfying. It's not sweet. Not enough syrup I guess. The ice kacang tasted too plain for me.
Keen ordered cendol. I tried one sip. It's not the type of Indian cendol I fancy. It's Melaka type with very rich gula melaka taste. Keen loves it until he ordered two bowls of that. If I have to comment rationally despite my bias over Indian style cendol, I would say this cendol tastes better than those I tried in Melaka. The gula melaka taste was even thicker than the one sold at Jonker street.
Next time I'm gonna go there and try their other food if I go shopping in The Gardens again.

4 comments:
wah!! i love ice kacang yum yum
Post a Comment