Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP MJ

26th June 09 8am I was driving to work listening to radio station as usual. The DJ mentioned about a death of a great singer. I was thinking "Oh, so who's dead again this time?"

But when I heard the name Michael Jackson when the DJ finished his sentence, I felt as if I was frozen. My hand raised to cover my mouth. The first thing that came to my mind was that "Shit! I haven't watch his concert yet! =("

It was really shocking. But I have no idea why my tears came rolling in the eyes. His death is indeed shocking, but it's kinda weird I'm that emo over his death coz I'm not a great fan of him. I dun follow his scandal news and all. I think the emo feelings today is because his death brings back my childhood memories. When the radio stations started to play his songs they brought back my teenager memories dancing to the music in the living room with my bro and mum. And the memories of singing "Heal the world" in the choir competition in secondary school with my classmates.

RIP Michael Jackson. I will surely remember your song "Heal the world". Had been attracted to the lyrics since I was 13.



I find this MV explains the lyrics pretty well. Too bad the subtitle is in Chinese. It makes no big difference coz the video explains better than the words. =)


This weekend is going to be super tiring. I have to catch some sleep now. Ciao!

No comments: