Saturday, February 14, 2009

What I do during Valentine's day

People go dating during Valentine's day. Some Raleighians go fundraise for charity selling flowers during the day (which I really wanted to go but didn't coz I'm sick). Guess what I do during Valentine's day?

I'm doing rehab for my flu. Consulted a doctor. Had plenty of sleeps and medicine.

I dun like to see doctor whenever I'm sick. Reasons why I dun see doctor normally:

1. Normally I'll see a doctor when I feel I have fever (I dun have thermometer, so I can only assume). But when the doctor measure my body temperature it is always normal! And in the end the doctors only give me some supplements or pain killer which I can buy myself in any pharmacy.

2. When I'm sick I dun feel like going out. Duh... Who fancy going out with dizzy head or freezing limbs?

3. It's expensive! Consulting a doctor plus the medication he sold make up to around RM35-RM50 in KL. In contrast, 10 tablets of Panadol only costs me RM2.00.

4. Some doctors even conclude that I'm not having flu or fever, it's just because I didn't have enough sleep lately and didn't drink enough water. That was when I was in uni. I remember the doctor sold me plenty of vitamins and charged me damn expensive!

5. Some doctors are pure empty-headed. They emphasise that all the medications he gave should be finished by the patients. I mean if that medication is just painkillers should I finish them even when I dun feel pain anymore?

Actually I'm quite amazed with the doctor I just consulted. He is pretty reasonable. He told me I dun need to finish the course of medication because they are just painkillers and lozenges. And he reasoned with me that different people will have different immune system. Some will slowly recover from the flu while some will start to develop cough, fever or even high fever. And he said when you started to develop high fever then only consultation is necessary. So I think he means I actually dun need to consult a doctor when I'm not that serious yet. That fits my style then. =P Hehe..

So, I bought a thermometer from pharmacy! It's only RM6.50, not as expensive as I expected. So next time whenever I 'feel' I have fever, I can check first before I waste my money buying painkillers from doctors. =)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha... empty headed doctors:)

http://chenghiang.wordpress.com

yinkheay said...

Thanks for your concern!