Friday, June 1, 2007

A day trip to Perak

Yea. Finally the most colourful blog entry is here. haha... Sorry wey yiing I made you wait.

I went to Kampar (an Ipoh) on Tuesday to visit my grandparents who had passed away. So, early in the morning about 7am my parents came to fetch me and we go straight to Kampar. Me and my mum was playing with the camera in the car.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then half way to Perak, it was very misty. It's like we were in Genting. I guess it's because the sun is rising by then and the dew was evaporating, hence the cloudiness.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The sun had finally arisen and all of us desperately needed toilet!!!! especially my dad... lol. I wonder why ALL the rest places along the highway from selangor to perak were closed. Closed as in the roads to the toilets were blocked. If I'm not mistaken with the name, it was the Tapah rest station which was open. All of us rushed to the toilet and went to the food court to have some drinks and rest for a while. So, I continue my photo taking. =P

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My bro hugging my mum (my bro handsome right?)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Then the professional photographer (My bro) take our pic

When we reached my aunt's house at Kamparm, it was around 11am. I followed them to go lawyer firm and then my aunt car was almost burning (engine too hot) and she was worry that her car cannot make it to Ipoh. So, we looked for foreman.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
But no one is inside.

My aunt called the foreman and wait for him to come back. So, I walked around the shoplots to take some pics. The buildings are like those in Malacca and Penang old towns. They are about hundred years old and very historical.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is the Kampar main road

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Never seen this kind of wood door eh? And see the corridor arch, ancient roundish one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
An old building showing its age

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Old shop lots...some of them got painted

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
See the difference in the building design?

When I went back to the shop, the foreman was checking my aunt's car. He say its the water in radiator which had run out and the water in the water tank was low. So, the water in water tank was not sufficient to flow to radiator. That's y the car engine temperature was increasing fast.

After filling in water, we waited for the two guys to meet us and discuss on our plan. The guys looks like aunties after grocery shopping, holding plastic bags..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, I followed my mum to look for colourful beans, I was wondering why. Then I saw the longkang (the drain). The water running in the longkang was so clear I told myself I must take a pic.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As clear as the stream water I saw in jungles
(see my shadow? hehehe)

My mum was told that colourful beans are available in the mini market. So, we proceeded to the mini market. We walked to the minimarket and I joined my dad and bro because they were going to eat cendol. Hehe... My fav!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On the way to the cendol stall

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Reaching the destination

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Looks nice!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Satisfied... NOT.
(firstly, too sweet, because too much syrup;
second, the greenish cendol taste not strong enough)



Note for anyone who dunno what cendol is:

Cendol is a kind of desert which is normally served in a small bowl full of shaved ice and rice coconut milk (of coz with plenty of cendol strips--the green ones made from pandan leaves). It is sweetened with thick brown coloured syrup made from palm sugar (gula Enau/ gula Melaka). Apart from this serving combination, cendol can be also served with glutinous rice or red beans.

In Malaysia, you can easily find cendol sold in small stalls along roadside and in some restaurants. Different people have different expectation for cendol. I personally like those with less brown sugar and more coconut milk and cendol strips ones. I like it when the pandan and coconut taste can blend well. But, my friends like those with more brown sugar.

Alkaline water helps to improve the texture by making the cendol smooth and bouncy.

Cited from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chendol http://jodelibakery.netfirms.com/SAE/cendol/cendol.htm


5 comments:

aehknum said...

LOL. told you to put pics, but din know you simply take pics also. funny.

kampar food very cheap. char kuey teow rm 1.90 only. where to find that rite? nice place. i mean, peaceful and fresh. near upland. water really cold

you should go visit gua tempurung next time if you're adventurous. oh, yes you do. go la. really fun! I've been there and have conquered sometime end of last year.

geez

Anonymous said...

Hahaa, you look fresh and bright!
Nice entry, keep it up ;)

yinkheay said...

its actually becoz the air is fresh there.

Anonymous said...

Cool Pics... what country are you from?

yinkheay said...

Malaysia. This town is Kampar in a state call Perak. It has very clean environment, jungles and mountain.