Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mashed potato freak


Looks tasty right? It is!!

It tasted like those in TGI's. Just that the parsley leaves are too visible because I was lazy to blend with blender. Hehe


I've been looking for recipes for mashed potato. I googled few recipes on mashed potato making. Then, find the similarities and also match them with those mashed potato I ate in TGI Friday and Chili's. And with Adam's advice (he say he likes cooking).

Boiling the potatoes are just the same. Different recipes differ by the ingredients used that give the flavour. In the end, I decided to use onion, black pepper, parsley and butter. Mashed the potatoes and cooked them along with the ingredients. Do melt the butter before putting everything to the pan yea.

Then I topped the mashed potato with my typical brown sauce (corn oil+oyster sauce+tapioca starch+water) to let it blend with the buttery taste. The sesame on top was solely for the appearance. lol

It was very very yummy!

We substitute the rice for the dinner with the mashed potato. =P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yasha said...

If you want great mashed potatoes recipes or any other foods. Try www.foodnetwork.com. I often get my recipes there. And if you want to, try Alton Brown's recipes, he is a very scientific oriented guy thats why I trust him. hehehe! Enjoy!

yinkheay said...

Thnx Zhuang