Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crazy robot dance

Hola! I'm back from Penang. Had 3 plates of char kuey teow as meals in a row. And had 2 bowls of asam laksa, 2 bowls of cendol and a bowl of ice kacang in the 2 days I went Penang. Oh! And we had a Chinese style daicao meal during the last night in Penang too.

We realized that the food in Penang has very few glutamic acid and less salty as compared with KL food. In terms of health it's good but in terms of the taste we think the food was pretty tasteless except the asam laksa near Kek Lok Si pasar-the only outstandingly nice food in Penang. The char kuey teow at Pulau Tikus (opposite the police station, not the corner lot... I have to recall the name from the photos we'd taken) was also nice but it's not salty enough. lol. The taste come from the chu yao zhar (pork oil??) and Chinese sausage.

Oh! And yea! Gurney Drive food is very lousy. The dried sotong was burnt. The char kuey teow stall which many people ordered serves tasteless but rather red and spicy char kuey teow, the ikan bakar was tasteless also, worse than SS15 Asia Cafe's ikan bakar. Pasembur was so-so, (not enough peanut crunch) but because all are very unsatisfying, the pasembur was the best of all the food we had in Gurney Drive. What a disappointment...

Maybe I'm too picky? Didn't know I had picky tastebud. Hehe...

I'll write the food review on my Penang trip as soon as I get the photos.

So, be patient for now. =)

-


I can't dance but I like to watch people dance hip hop or robot or popping. For hip hop, I would rate according to their choreography (how well they match the dance with the beat), dancing skills, and synchronization of the team.

For robot and popping though, I like the electrical shock kinda moves they perform. It feels very inhuman. lol.

Found this contestant of 'So You Think You Can Dance 2008' whose name is Robert Muraine from YouTube.

This is the best robot dance I've seen so far. It'd even beaten the robot dance which I thought was nice 2 years ago.I was in awe of his very robotic moves. And couldn't help laughing at his entertaining performance. And his facial emotions matched his dance moves as well. Very talented =)

3 comments:

yumin said...

u went to all the wrong places for food la in penang =p

Becklee said...

Ya lah, I think you chose the wrong place to eat. I was in Penang recently and the food we had was simply delicious especially the char kway teow and assam laksa. Maybe, I'm used to eating less salty food.

yinkheay said...

Hmm.. I'll blog about it as soon as I get the photo. Then I'll also include the name and location of the shop where I had the meals. By that time you all help me judge whether I really went to the wrong shops yea =)