Monday, August 24, 2009

Lunch from home =)

I haven't been cooking since June. The fridge had been empty since then.

It's mainly because I have Korean classes on Tuesday and Friday evenings. On these evenings I just settle my dinner at the Asia Cafe near the language center before the classes commence. Since I didn't cook on Tuesday night, I won't have home-cooked lunch for Wednesday.

Another very important factor is the recce which always falls on Sunday. By the time I come home I'm a dead meat already. So definitely I won't cook lunch for Monday then.

I teach Mei Chemistry during Saturday. So normally I have lunch and dinner with them.

So you must be asking how about Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening? You must be thinking "you still can cook what". That's because sometimes I'll use these time to do some maintenance stuff like getting a haircut or looking for Adidas kampung at pasar malam or revising Korean. Since I'm so busy, recently I prefer to rest in my room whenever I have time. =P

In other words, I'm lazy. Hehe..

Rest is a bliss okay... =P

Today, because of inefficient funding (very poor la..) coz I have to save some money for my Penang trip this weekend, I decided that starting this week I should cook to reduce the cost on my meals. It actually is cheaper than my expenses from buying meals. But to what extend?

So let's calculate together yea =)

This is the list I bought today:
Whole chicken RM7.91
5 carrots RM1.99
Ladies finger (300g) RM1.59
Dry tofu 9 pcs RM1.75
Sawi (2 ikat) RM2.80
Total: RM16.04

These ingredients can last me for about 6-8 meals. Meaning one meal = RM 2.00-2.60. I didn't include the cost of rice, oil, gas and water. After adding these it should be about RM2.50-3.00 gua.

One meal I bought from those economy rice stalls (one meat and one vege) = RM4.00

So, in conclusion, I save RM1 per meal if I cook. (=.=)"

If wanna compensate the energy and time I use to walk around to buy the grocery and to prepare and cook the meals (time = 9.5 hours/week, energy = I dunno la.. but my feet damn painful after standing for too long in the kitchen), isn't it kinda not worth it? hehe.. Summore the economy rice stall got different variety of dishes which I dunno how to cook. So I can get more nutritious meals from economy rice as compared with home-cooked meals (for example I'll be eating only sawi, chicken, carrot and ladies finger for this whole week, how sad..)

But once in a while eating home-cooked food is quite bahagia also la (if mum cooks for me even more bahagia. Hehe.. ) Summore home-cooked food the amount of the dishes is a lot more as compared with the economy rice I bought outside coz if I take a lot sure it will sure be more than RM4 one. Summore having to drive out to buy economy rice during lunch time and after work wastes petrol also. And sometimes SS15 is very jam and very hard to find parking at around 6pm. So there's good and bad la.

Tomorrow I'm bringing lunch! Yeay yeay!

-

Leo Ku had a nice new song duet with Shirley Kwan. At first I dun like the du~du~du part. But dunno why now I find it very cute! Hehe..

關淑怡 & 古巨基 男左女右


Didn't know the lyrics is talking about conflicts between girl and guy in a relationship until I saw this MV. The song sounds so cheerful it makes the lyrics so unmatched! lol.



No comments: