Was watching China Open Badminton Tournament yesterday. Me, Zhuang and my aunt were fixing our eyes on the TV screen giving our full support for Lee Chong Wei in the game against Bao ChunLai from China. We were so pissed off when the linesmen were not fair in telling whether the ball was in or out for freaking 3 times!! So did Lee Chong Wei.
Then, the TV1 Malay commentator said something like "pengaruh linesmen terhadap Lee Chong Wei semakin meningkat". After I heard this, a sentence suddenly popped out from my always-looking-for-funny-words-brain: "Ke-bushuang-an Lee Chong Wei semakin meningkat" I think this describes better. lol.
I remember pem-modify-an of Malay words was a cool trend back in my secondary school time. We meng-add-kan Chinese/Hokkien words to the Malay words. One of them which I remember is "Jangan tunjuk ke-haolian-an anda ya" and "Jangan men-siasui-kan saya". I think this is a positive multiracial effects on our languages.
Few days ago this word in newspaper caught my attention: Bocorable. Lim Kit Siang created this new word when Mr Samy Velu was concluding the new palace building plan. He was asking Mr Samy Velu whether the new palace is bocorable. lol. This word sounds creative though.
Or some Malay-ed English sentences. "Where are we makan-ing?" or "I'm mandi-ing". And even more geng punya example: "I ter-say something sensitive" (instead of saying "I said something sensitive accidentally" which is long)
Hence, I ingin meng-conclude-kan that pem-modify-an of Malay words sangat fun loh. Seriously lol...
Maaf yea.. to some Malays who feel offended from this modification of Malay words. I just personally think that this is a fusion of multiracial culture =) And this can be a good thing =)
Then, the TV1 Malay commentator said something like "pengaruh linesmen terhadap Lee Chong Wei semakin meningkat". After I heard this, a sentence suddenly popped out from my always-looking-for-funny-words-brain: "Ke-bushuang-an Lee Chong Wei semakin meningkat" I think this describes better. lol.
I remember pem-modify-an of Malay words was a cool trend back in my secondary school time. We meng-add-kan Chinese/Hokkien words to the Malay words. One of them which I remember is "Jangan tunjuk ke-haolian-an anda ya" and "Jangan men-siasui-kan saya". I think this is a positive multiracial effects on our languages.
Few days ago this word in newspaper caught my attention: Bocorable. Lim Kit Siang created this new word when Mr Samy Velu was concluding the new palace building plan. He was asking Mr Samy Velu whether the new palace is bocorable. lol. This word sounds creative though.
Or some Malay-ed English sentences. "Where are we makan-ing?" or "I'm mandi-ing". And even more geng punya example: "I ter-say something sensitive" (instead of saying "I said something sensitive accidentally" which is long)
Hence, I ingin meng-conclude-kan that pem-modify-an of Malay words sangat fun loh. Seriously lol...
Maaf yea.. to some Malays who feel offended from this modification of Malay words. I just personally think that this is a fusion of multiracial culture =) And this can be a good thing =)

No comments:
Post a Comment