Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Starry Night

Yesterday was too depressed. So I decided to continue drawing the piece of Starry Night I started more than half a year ago.

I personally like Van Gogh's Starry Night because of the lines in the sky makes the sky looks like it's built from blocks of puzzles. And I like the large glow around the stars and the moon too.




I've always wanted to imitate oil painting using crayon. Finally today I finished the drawing.



Although my favourite part (the glow around the stars with white dash) could not be achieved using crayons, my tree at the front is way too big as compared with the original, and the curvy cloud in the sky is not as texturized as Van Gogh's, I still feel very satisfied with my drawing. =) Hey, I already more than 5 years never draw a proper drawing already le. This is consider very very successful.

Summore my dad was shocked when he saw this drawing. Hehe. My dad had never praised my drawing before in my whole life. This is the first time. For all my secondary school life I've been hoping dad to praise my drawings (my dad's an art tutor, so is my mum), but I've never get any from him. This time I gained it, I felt so honoured.

Tonight I might sleep smiling. =P

Nights. =)

4 comments:

Ib Mohamed said...

nice... sleep soundly... ;)

purplishsoul said...

you're so good at drawing! i'm amazed!!!

Hazel said...

nice..u still brush up your drawing skill?
u use crayon or wat tools to complete it?

yinkheay said...

Leo Gal: Sometimes I got simply draw something with pencils la. But seldom draw finish a painting. I use crayon to draw this lo. Purely crayon.

Purplishsoul & .ib: Thanks! =)