Friday, April 17, 2009

Save Our Waterfalls

I'm going to do something really different this weekend!


Instead of trekking, I'm gonna clean up a waterfall. =)



(click for larger image)


Last time went to Kanching twice (one was recce before going for a picnic, one was the picnic). Coz the waterfall was commercialized, pavements and bridges were built, pools too. Many people go there to picnic and throw all the leftover there. Some even bring shampoo to shower there. Sigh.. Dun they know that usage of shampoos in river is restricted? It will kill the fish downstream.. Sigh..


The culture of just leaving the leftovers like that after having the meal. [Shakes head]


This spot is the most dirtiest spot in Kanching. Cannot see clearly from here. But you might be able to see stuff like plastic bags and polystyrene floating on the water at the very left of the picture.

It was really dirty. During the recce I walked around picking up the plastic bags "abandoned" beside the pavements while walking up the hill. But one person is not enough to do all the cleaning. Especially those rubbish stuck in the stagnant water which need some nets and sticks.


This Sunday, I'm gonna make this waterfall glitter in cleanliness. Hehe.. And gonna meet new faces there too! Can't wait to meet people who have the same cause with me. =D



But I think prevention is always better than cure. I hope one day the public will understand the importance of keeping the nature clean. As long as we always remember the rules:

"Leave only footsteps, take only photographs"

If everyone follow this rule, I believe the nature will always be well sustained!



---------------------


Love love love this song from a Korean drama, Painter of the Wind! This singer has very unique voice. Very soft but thick. Aiya.. Dunno how to describe la.. Very nice lo. After hear his voice I feel as if I'm melting. lol.




No comments: