I just finish reading Su Ann's peer review. Then this line in the review struck me like lightning --"This is a girl (refers to Su Ann) who goes to orphanages on her own to teach English and to geriatric wards just to spend time with the elderly". It struck me because I have been thinking and dreaming of going to volunteer since 2 years ago. And I even filled in a form for an orphanage volunteering programme. But I didn't send in the form. Till now I am yet to volunteer in any homes except for the fundraising I did with my fellow Charlieans to bring the YMCA deaf society kids out for a day trip. But, that fundraising itself is not self-initiated coz it was a compulsory project after a weekend camp. For all these 2 years I have been imagining myself reading story books to the kids in the homes or teaching Down syndrome kids doing art crafts. But all the while I had only been imagining it. After reading the peer review, I think I should start evaluating my life again.
I want my life to be of higher quality in terms of community contribution and mental development. I guess when I have more time on Saturday starting next month, I can start working out towards these two targets. =)
------------------------------------------
So many people leaving the country. So many of them leaving to Australia. I'm starting to miss CP and Dr Lim already. Called up Dr Lim last night and chatted with her. She is still bubbly and friendly. Happy to at least hear her voice before she flies to Australia.
So many people I know are staying in/migrating to/planning to stay forever in Australia. Maybe one day I will fly there for a vacation and visit all of them =P.
And did I mention nowadays I have this bitter feelings when I see planes in the sky? Last time planes reminds me of happy reunions. But now, they only reminds me of the pain of permanent departure. Summore on the way to Glenmarie one will never fail to see a plane with such close distance you will feel as if it is just another car passing by above you, not on the solid ground but in the air.
I want my life to be of higher quality in terms of community contribution and mental development. I guess when I have more time on Saturday starting next month, I can start working out towards these two targets. =)
------------------------------------------
So many people leaving the country. So many of them leaving to Australia. I'm starting to miss CP and Dr Lim already. Called up Dr Lim last night and chatted with her. She is still bubbly and friendly. Happy to at least hear her voice before she flies to Australia.
So many people I know are staying in/migrating to/planning to stay forever in Australia. Maybe one day I will fly there for a vacation and visit all of them =P.
And did I mention nowadays I have this bitter feelings when I see planes in the sky? Last time planes reminds me of happy reunions. But now, they only reminds me of the pain of permanent departure. Summore on the way to Glenmarie one will never fail to see a plane with such close distance you will feel as if it is just another car passing by above you, not on the solid ground but in the air.

No comments:
Post a Comment