Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hello Broga Hill

I got to know Broga hill few months ago. But this hill is not very tall. Or I should say it doesn't look tall. So it didn't attract me.

Until one day I saw the pictures taken by Khee Kuan (my senior from Monash University) who posted the photos on FB, I was amazed by the view seen from the hilltop. From the hilltop one can see mist covering the city below before the sunrise.


Nice right??!(Photo courtesy of Khee Kuan)

From that day onwards I have different perspective towards the hill.

One Sunday I went Broga with Soon, Li Ern and her Uni friends. Total 9 of us. We started to trek up at around 5.30am I guess and managed to reach the first peak before sunrise.

Just got down from cars before our trek


The hilltop was just like those in pictures I saw online. Round round and grassy. =) It's a very cute hill.

The sun was not out yet. The dawn was almost breaking.

And then it started to become brighter.



Sun behind the hills


Orange! Love this picture! =)


Sun popped out. =P




Jumped!


Layers and layers of hills. =)


The grass looked spongy and soft, like teddy bear's fur =P I love how the hill look smooth from afar. Feel like singing "The Hills are Alive" from Sound of Music when I saw this view. =P






With Tian Chad and Li Ern


These grass looked smooth from far only. Before I went to this hill I wanted to take a photo of me lying on the grass. When I was there only I know it's impossible to lay on these grass. Coz it's very very tall and poking.


Laying on the huge rock on second peak. Nice view from there.


View from the rock


Watching the world upside down


Lie on the rocks with Ying Ying and Li Ern. Lazy to get up already. =P

Ended up all group photos taken on the huge rock. Haha.



Everyone same pose =D




Ying Ying and ZJ did some funny posing for photos. The rest of us couldn't stop laughing.

Tang lang quan (Praying mantis kungfu style)


Zui quan (drunken kungfu style)


Taichi


Dragon ball merging style. Hehe.


The Oh My God pose. Kudos for that!

When we almost reached the car, we passed by a rubber plantation without fence. Since I grew up in town never in my life had I touched the latex before. So I sprinted towards the tree and touched the dripping latex! At least now I can tell people I touched latex before. Haha.



After the trek we went to a panmee stall nearby for late breakfast (coz it was 11am already). The panmee was nice. They said the chili was super spicy. They loved it. I didn't try at all. Coz scared my ears will explode. =P


Tried the cendol too. Not bad. But I still miss my hometown Indian cendol.
(See my arm. Got shape one le.. Kia kia kia...)

Photos courtesy of Marble Goby and ZJ

2 comments:

Jz said...

cool place, i would like to go if i have a helicopter, im too lazy to climb >.>

Ken said...

scenic & serene. Great place. Wish to go...